CABINS + COTTAGES
Sackets Harbor Quilt Show
October 11, 12 and 13, 2019 in Sackets Harbor
General Show Admission: $5.00 Special Event Tickets: As listed below
- Friday evening Cider, Wine,& Cheese Preview Reception: 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. ($10 at the door, Municipal Building, includes reception and admission to the show)
- Saturday Show and Vendor Hours: 10:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday Show and Vendor Hours: 10:00 to 3:00
- Sunday Quilter’s Brunch: 10:00 to 1:00 p.m. at the Municipal Building (Reservations suggested, $12 for brunch tickets only)
- Quilt Appraisals: Advance appointments required, contact Linda Hunter AQS-certified appraiser for fee and scheduling.
Community Heritage Exhibit offers variations on the classic quilt style “Log Cabin,” as well as pictorial, embroidered, and traditional quilts interpreting cottage and cabin living along the lakeshore and across the North Country.
“Log Cabin Fever,” a quilter’s challenge exhibit sponsored by Sew Crazy Fabrics, with People’s Choice Awards.
The 2019 Feature Artist is Mary Knapp, with a Gallery Talk and Quilt Exhibit titled “Patterns in the Wild.”
(Photo Right) “Bird’s Eye View,” Tessellation Quilt by Mary Knapp
On Sunday only, quilt collector and enthusiast Louise Tiemann shows examples of Log Cabin and Crazy Quilts, household textiles, and magazine ephemera in a Gallery Talk and Exhibit: “Building on the Foundations of Log Cabin Quilts.”