SACKETS HARBOR QUILT SHOW
The show opens at 10:00 and closes at 4:00 on Saturday and Sunday, with five exhibit and program venues along West Main Street in the Village.
Show features a Visitor’s Admission Passport, which can be purchased at any of the five venues. Suggested Passport Donation: $4.00 for both days, present your passport at all venues.
ADMISSION PASSPORTS AVAILABLE AT EVERY VENUE SITE
- SHOP THE SHOW
- Sew Crazy Fabric Store
- The Olde Creamery Fabrics and Quilting
- Farmhouse Maple
- Seaway Trail Gift Shop
- “THE RED THREAD”: People’s Choice Quilts” Vote for your favorite quilt entry
- “SEW CRAZY Challenge” Selected Quilts from the 2017-2018 Sew Crazy Quilt Shop Challenge
Sackets Harbor Visitor Center
- 2018 Feature Quilt Artist Exhibit: Emelie Cuppernell Retrospective Show
- 1000 Island Art Center Exhibit: Star Works Collection Red & White Coverlets
- PROGRAMS & TALKS
- Saturday 11:00 a.m.: Meet the Artist program and conversation with Emelie Cuppernell
- Saturday 2:00 p.m.: Coverlets & Hand Weaving talk and demo with Harriet Burris from the 1000 Island Art Center: Home of the Hand Weaving Museum
Arts Association of Northern New York (AANNY)
- AANNY’s Annual Craft Show & Sale
- TBQ Quilt Raffle: “Pinwheels” (benefits Lakeside Cemetery Fence Restoration)
Sackets Harbor Ballroom
- Hoffmann Challenge 30th Anniversary Quilt Exhibition
- TAUNY: Warmth, Remembrance and Art
- Redwork: Ornamental Embroidery
- PROGRAMS, DEMO, TALKS
- Saturday Noon to 3:30 “Red Birds” demo with Vicki Wilson & Beth Burdick
- Saturday 1:00 p.m. Warmth, Remembrance and Art with Traditional Arts of Upstate New York (TAUNY) Executive Director Jill Breit.
- Sunday Demo 10:00 to Noon “Fabric Flowers” with Heike Brazie
- Sunday 12:30 to 1:30 “Maple Leaf Sampler”
- Sunday 1:30 Program Talk Redwork: Ornamental Embroidery” with Louise Tiemann Redwork exhibit with collection of quilts, ephemera, patterns, needlework, and stitchery.
Hay Memorial Library
- Peggy’s Cozy Pine Cones Afghan Raffle $5 per ticket or 3/$10 on sale at library. Drawing on Sunday at 3:00 p.m.(Proceeds benefit HML’s Refresh & Renew Fund)
- Saturday Noon to 3:00 “Cables, Baskets, Seeds & Baubles: Fancy Knit Stitch Work
- “SHADES OF RED” Vintage and modern quilt exhibit featuring primarily red fabrics and threads on the second floor, including examples of “Fire in the Hearth” log cabin quilt; “Lydia’s” Antique Log Cabin Quilt; Pickering Beach Museum Pictorial Redwork; Red Birds Red Work Quilt; Antique Coverlet; Redwork Presidential Portraits.